Rss Feed

Cruisin' the Blogs...

So,I spent some time tonight looking, searching and perusing the education blogs. It has made me want to join in the conversation.... I think...

I love the thought of voicing my opinion - describing my slice of the world - inviting others to join in to my classroom in lovely rural Iowa. Because, as I read about the life of a NYC teacher... I realized that my job may require a completely different title. I mean - the way I spend my day and my energy is so vastly different than a teacher in a large city.

I went to watch my daughter's high school basketball games tonight. First it was the girls game. They really did a great job and won! I was impressed.

Then the boys played. They too did a great job and won. But to call both of the games the same name -basketball - seems a little false. The rudiments of the game are the same - but the speed, the intensity, the involvement are completely different.

That is the difference between my classroom and a large city school. We are both teaching, both following a curriculum, both employing the same basic movements - but the movement, the intensity the involvement is completely different.

I will happily keep my low intensity game any day! At least I think!

0 comments: